Annex A To Safe Sport Policy
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
|The Safe Sport Committee as approved by the Council of the Singapore Shooting Association
- Promote the commitment to this policy and its expectations
- Develop related processes, procedures and frameworks.
- Review the Safe Sport policy, procedures and frameworks on an annual cycle as a minimum or at a time governed by legislation, regulations or organisational learning that promote a change to the policy and all relevant procedural guidelines.
- Ensure adequate resources are allocated to allow for the development and effective implementation of this policy.
- Develop opportunities for regular discussion at all levels to support a culture of openness and continued improvement and accountability towards safe sport
- Advocate and promote safe sport, empowering and engaging stakeholders in support of this policy and its expectations.
- Ensure all employees and persons involve with the work of the Association and in Shooting understand their obligations in accordance with the Safe Sport Policy and any relevant policy and procedural documentation.
- Implement the Safe Sport Policy and ensure that the Code of Behavior is followed strictly.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the all supporting policies, work procedures and guidelines.
- Provide adequate resources to allow effective implementation of the Safe Sport Policy.
- Support employees and persons involve with the work of the Association and in Shooting with a decision to initiate any form of action to protect a child, young person or vulnerable adult from harassment and abuse.
- Provide appropriate supports, such as counselling and formal debriefing, are provided for any employee involved in a matter relating to responding to a concern for the safety and wellbeing of a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- Ensure that our employees and persons who are interested to be involved with the work of the Association and in Shooting are aware of the appropriate recruitment, screening and employment practice in relation to individuals who have the opportunities to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Responsible for inducting, identifying and promoting the developmental and training needs of all employees (including hourly-remunerated individuals engaged by the Association) and athletes (including student-learners participating in Association’s programs).
- Ensure that all employees and athletes have access to a copy of the Safe Sport Policy.
- Advise on the most appropriate next course of action and discuss any significant concern with the General Manager once a potential safeguarding or child protection concern has been identified.
- Liaise with other agencies and professionals where appropriate.
- Collate and maintain safeguarding records that must be clear, concise and accurate, including the records of any decision that have been taken in terms of when, why and agreed with whom.
- Provide additional support in the event of dealing with a child/young person/vulnerable adult protection concern or disclosure.
|Employees, Volunteers, Agents or Contractors engaged by the Singapore Shooting Association, or persons who are involved with the work of the Singapore Shooting Association
- Maintain a full understanding of the commitments and expectations of this policy, as well as all other policy relevant to safe sport.
- Undertake any induction and training anticipated in this policy, in relation to policy and procedures relevant to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe in Shooting.
- Seek guidance from a superior or the Safeguarding Officer if there is ever any lack of understanding in relation to the commitments and expectations as set out in this policy.
- Take positive and appropriate action to protect the children, young people and vulnerable adults from all forms of harassment and abuse.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a sport safe culture and a culture of inclusion.
error: Content is protected !!