GUILDLINES & PROCEDURES FOR GENERAL VISITORS VISITING THE NATIONAL SHOOTING CENTRE
The Singapore Shooting Association (“SSA”) attaches great importance to your safety as well as the security of the NSC. We ask you to study the instructions carefully and obey all instructions.
Any individual visiting the NSC is requested to:
Prior To Visiting
1. Put in your request through your SSA Point-of-Contact (“POC”) using the prescribed form (Attachment A). Please ensure that you put in the correct details to avoid disappointment or delay.
2. Note that submission of request should not be taken as approval of request.
3. Be aware that access into the NSC is strictly By Appointment Only.
4. Visit NSC only after your request has been confirmed by the SSA POC.
At The Main Gate
5. Appear only at the scheduled date/time to avoid denial of entry or long waiting time outside the NSC. For example, if the scheduled appointment is 10am-12pm, then the visitor could only visit the NSC within this time window i.e. enter the NSC at or after 10am and must leave by 12pm.
6. Dress appropriately, protect yourself against insect bites and put on closed-toe shoes.
7. Bring along your identification document for the visit as the security personnel will be verifying your particulars you have submitted in your visit request upon entering and/or during the visit. For identity verification, only Singapore Government-issued NRICs, Singapore Government-issued work passes, and legitimate passports shall be accepted.
8. Be patient during identity verification.
9. Check in with the security personnel at the main gate, and positively identify yourself and provide the identification document without demand to the security personnel. If your name does not appear on the pre-registered visitor memo or your particulars do not match with the details in the memo, you will likely not be allowed to enter the NSC. In this case, please check with your SSA POC directly. The security personnel will not check on your behalf.
10. Receive a WHITE ‘C’ visitor pass or GREEN ‘V’ (see samples below) from the security personnel once the security personnel has verified your particulars against the pre-registered visitor memo and confirmed that you are an authorized visitor.
11. Take note of the pass number.
12. Check the condition of the pass. Please reject it if it has a rusty clip, a bend line, a part that is chipped off, severe de-coloration or illegible words such as its terms & conditions at the back of the card, and request of a good pass.
13. Read the terms and conditions at the back of the pass. Please note that a flat fee of $50 may be levied for any missing or damaged card.
14. Wear this card visibly from this point onwards and during your stay in the NSC and present it for verification when asked by the security personnel. For visibility, a visitor pass should be placed at the front and about the centre of the upper body. For example, it could be attached to either the collar of a shirt or lowest point of the round-neck.
15. Take instructions from the security personnel with respect to identity verification, parking of vehicles, public health measures, general safety precautions, etc.
16. Take note that your belongings and/or your vehicle may be subject to security checks by the security personnel upon entering the NSC.
17. Take note that you and your belongings are required to move through security screening equipment.
18. Take instructions from the security personnel during security screening.
19. Be patient during security screening.
During Visit – General
20. Abide by the Singapore Law in general and refer to the Arms and Explosives Act (Chapter 13) https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/AEA1913 and the Arms Offences Act (Chapter 14) https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/AOA1973#pr3- for a better understanding of the law with regard to arms and explosive. Please obey all licensing conditions of the various licenses or permits issued by the Police Licensing and Regulatory Department (“PLRD”) where applicable.
21. Abide by the Bye-Laws (https://singaporeshooting.org/portal/about-us/bye-laws/), NSC General Standing Orders (https://singaporeshooting.org/portal/about-us/nsc-general-standing-orders/), other Standing Orders/Rules & Regulations (notice board) and all other instructions, and obey the prohibition, warning and information signs displayed.
22. NOT bring in any gun, gun part and any form of ammunition or explosive without the prior explicit written approval of PLRD and the prior explicit written authorization from the SSA.
23. Check in with your SSA POC and read the notices posted on the notice board to receive further safety or security instructions before proceeding on.
24. Act responsibly always and ensure your own safety as well as the safety of others near you.
25. Agree that you enter NSC at your own risk, and that you are fully responsible for yourself, your property or belongings.
26. Stay away from Out Of Bounds areas. Please refer to the Bye-Laws and the signs displayed.
27. Cooperate with the SSA at all times and carry out reasonable instructions.
28. Take instructions from the security personnel during any on-site security inspection.
29. Be personally liable for the costs of any damage to or loss of property or injury to any person caused by you.
Leaving the NSC
30. Leave the NSC by the end of your scheduled appointment or latest by 5.30pm whichever is earlier. Do not overstay or loiter.
31. Ensure that you do not have ammunitions, firearms, empty cartridges or shells, and any form of pyrotechnics in your possession. It is illegal to move any gun, gun part and any form of ammunition or explosive out of the NSC without the prior explicit written approval of PLRD and the prior explicit written authorization from the SSA.
32. Take note that you and your belongings are required to move through security screening equipment.
33. Take note that your belongings and/or your vehicle may be subject to security checks by the security personnel at the Main Gate before leaving the NSC.
34. Take instructions from the security personnel during security screening.
35. Be patient during security screening.
36. Return the visitor pass to the security personnel before exiting. You will be asked to fill up a form if your visitor pass is damaged or lost. Please note that a flat fee of $50 may be levied for any missing or damaged card.
Additional Information: NSC Phased Reopening in Phase 2 and Safe Management Measures for the Sport of Shooting