In view of the current COVID-19 situation, the Singapore Shooting Association (“SSA”) introduces the following Safe Management Measures (“SMMs”), endorsed by Sport Singapore (SportSG”), to better protect our national athletes, aspiring champions, shooting enthusiasts and learners while they train or play. We strongly encourage all shooting venue managers or operators to adopt or build on these shooting specific guidelines and implement them at their own premises. This document should be read in conjunction with SportSG’s Advisory for Resumption of Sport and Physical Exercise & Activity for Phase Two (“Safe Transition”).
- All employees, partners i.e. security personnel, range essential service providers and visitors are required to go through
temperature screening upon entry.
- Employees and partners are required to take their temperature readings twice daily.
- Any person who is unwell (>38C or suffering from flu-like symptoms) or has come into close contact with a person who is tested positive of COVID-19 or is suffering from fever, cough or shortest of breath or is on a Quarantine Order or Stay Home Notice must not be allowed to visit the premises.
- All persons entering the premises must check-in and check-out using SafeEntry application for the premises, and activate the TraceTogether.
Personal Protection, Hygiene & Cleaning
- All persons must wear masks covering their noses and mouths at all times as a default posture except during lunch time, shooting at the firing points or doing approved strenuous work at the premises.
- All persons are expected to adopt strict personal hygiene practices, including cleaning up after themselves, at all times.
- All persons are also required to have their own personal hand sanitizers/disinfectants handy and wipe down their equipment before and after use, especially the equipment that would be handled by the armorer e.g. gun cases or gun case handles.
- All persons should refrain from sharing items or sport equipment.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and disinfection of the premises shall be done daily.
Safe Distancing in General
- All shooting appointments shall be controlled to better manage the crowd and optimize range usage
- by time block;
- by group size of five (5) persons and by specific range; and
- by physical distance during shooting.
- Movement and congregation of people shall be further controlled especially at entrances, gun issuing counter and other common-use facility areas.
- All persons must keep a minimum physical distance of one (1) meter from one another.
- All persons must not form a gathering of more than five (5) persons at any one time.
- The maximum capacity of the premises shall be capped at fifty (50) persons or according to the Gross Floor Area of ten (10) square-meters (m2) per person, whichever is lower.
- There shall be no more than five (5) persons per group, excluding coach, and three (3) meter distance between each group of five (5).
- All persons must not overstay their booked appointment. For example, if the scheduled appointment is 9.30am-11.30am, then the visitor could only visit the NSC within this time window.
- All persons must keep short all in-person conversations, interactions, transactions or visits to common areas e.g. toilets, washing points, armory, etc. Please adopt the Take/Use-and-Leave approach.
During Shooting Practices
- Shooters shall keep at minimum physical distance of two (2) meters between one another during shooting OR one (1) meter if there is a physical screen or barrier between them.
- Shooters may temporarily take off their masks when shooting at the firing station/point or making a short transition from one firing station/point to the next within the same range. They must mask up after shooting and/or when stepping out from the firing stations.
- Shooters in assigned groups of five (5) persons shall move together as a group within the range and shall keep at distance of keep at minimum physical distance of three (3) meters from and other groups.